Three Line Bio:
Global experience in tourism destination marketing, tour operations, retail travel and the airline industry and since the mid 1990s in online travel, eCommerce and digital marketing. Held senior executive positions in Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom and in the United States.
I am the principal owner of buhlerworks, a digital consultancy for Small & Medium Businesses to provide them with effective integrated solutions that deliver great results by converting new leads into loyal customers. We use innovative tools like Facebook Messenger Marketing with Chatbots and Mobile Wallet, Facebook Ads, PPC campaign management, Re-Targeting, as well as brand monitoring and reputation marketing. The work is provided under the Digital Impact Solutions agency brand of which I am a founder and partner.
My previous extensive business experience includes:
- Partner in Level 9 a web development company providing custom website solutions to credit unions and with past experience in travel and tourism.
- Consultant on Social Media and Destination Marketing for PhoCusWright , the travel industry research authority on how travelers, suppliers and intermediaries connect, delivering qualitative and quantitative research on the evolving dynamics that influence travel, tourism and hospitality distribution and producer of high-profile executive conferences
- Member of the management team of EuroVacations.com, the online tour operator unit of Rail Europe Group, as EVP Business Development, Strategic Alliances & Industry Relations. I contributed to the successful establishment of the company as the first tour operator to offer fully custom-designed vacation packages for independent travelers online.
- Market Director for Switzerland Tourism, the national destinaion marketing organization (DMO) for one of the top 15 global tourism destinations. During my extensive global career there I was responsible for their operations in North America, the United Kingdom & Ireland, Canada and South East Asia, where I established the first presence for Switzerland with an office in Japan.
- Sales Manager Japan for Kuoni Travel Inc. one of the major European inbound tour operators.
I was elected Chairman of the market operations groups of the European Travel Commission (ETC) both in Japan and in the United States and also served as Vice Chairman of the Alliance of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA). I was a founding member of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Japan, board member of the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Toronto, the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce and the American-Swiss Foundation both in New York as well as Chairman of Swiss Center, Inc. in New York
I have been invited as a speaker at travel industry conferences such as Canada-e-Connect and Online Revealed Canada in ’09, the RSAA 2008 Summit Conference, Hostelworld ’07 World Conference and acted as moderator and panelist at Canada-e-Connect ’07, PhoCusWright Executive Conferences, Travel Commerce Conference & Expo and various other onferences on Travel Distribution.